Saturday, August 7, 2004

Angry nerd rock

Of the top 4 things on my mind, here's 3:

The upcoming school year is looming far too near in the future for my comfort. There really are a few things in this next term that I'm slightly apprehensive about. Most rapidly to mind is the fact that I'm only 20 pages into Wuthering Heights, but beyond that as well. Cathi's soon moving out into a life that seduces so many into moral and beneficial habits like drinking and drugs. Though I have full confidence in my sister's set of virtues and the fact that putting anything besides clean air into her lungs will send her into an asthmatic induced coma, it's still going to be weird being separated from someone who's been such an integral part of my life since, you know, birth.

Other concerns primarily involve school and whether or not I'm going to be able to handle it in addition to the other things I've enlisted myself in for the next year. I may even have to start cutting back on my internet time, although the fact that maintaining long-distant contacts is becoming increasingly important to me would make that even more difficult than it would be otherwise.

*Next* I was channel surfing while getting lunch and landed on Danielle Panabaker's face on the Disney channel. Apparently she's the star in their newest movie. I practically fell off my chair. The same person I had to analyze pond insects with in 6th grade, there on the TV. I saw her on a Lifetime movie once, but no one watches Lifetime, so it didn't strike me so much. I checked out her website and she has pictures of herself on the set of some movie wearing a NVHS sweatshirt. Flanked by a picture of her and Helen Hunt. It's so strange.

*Again* I had an interesting conversation about my emotions the other day. Or, rather, how I don't seem to have any. And I can never seem to explain myself correctly in that respect. I personally think that I feel things rather strongly. But I also am rather fond of the old "internalize your emotions" bit. It's a lot easier to deal with other people, and makes me feel considerably less melodramatic and vulnerable, if I'm not always showing irrational surges of mood swings. I'm much more comfortable turning raw emotion, whether positive or negative, into dry humor and sarcasm than I am expressing it. Which, obviously, can prove to be a problem when sincerity is a must. It's something I'm working on, please be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment