I'm really excited for All State. I just wish my school could be there to see it.
Christmas is six days away, and besides adapting an astounding lack of ability to retain body heat, to me it doesn't feel significantly like winter, let alone Christmas. Maybe once I actually get some of my shopping done, or we get a good snow, I'll feel better, since I appear to have grown completely immune to whatever seasonal feelings radio carols are intended to bring.
Though when I think about it, I really think Christmas for the general population is beginning to drift to extreme polar ends of some elaborate Kringle spectrum. It's either utterly commercial and perfectly acceptable that way, or seems to host hoards of people who don't feel "in the spirit" and every year go on a dramatic quest to reignite that "true meaning of Christmas" feeling within them, stressing out because it's just not like it used to be. To me, Christmas is a celebration of the birth of someone who is very important to my beliefs, mindset, and lifestyle, and whose death I wholeheartedly believe accounts for my eternal life. It is about Jesus, but it's also important to remember that it's a joyous occasion and shouldn't be regarded with the steadfast serious intensity of a bull ramming it's head into a tree. Have fun, eat good food, be charitable, kiss your mother, and thank God.
Speaking of which, my gifts of Christmas love lists to my friends seemed to go over well, which I'm glad for. I'm of the opinion that if there's ever an opportunity to tell those you love that you care for them without sounding strange, corny, or awkward, you should jump on it. And who doesn't want a list of appreciated good qualities about them?
My favorite lines from Ragtime:
"He wanted to say, 'By your side I could be brave. If there's such a thing as justice, let me help you find justice. This I do for Sarah, who lies in her grave.' But all he said was... 'I know how to blow things up.'"
No comments:
Post a Comment