Update on the Life of Linda (LoL?):
- In an attempt to become healthier (and at this point I'm resisting going into a rant on the difference between "thinner" and "healthier": two terms which people seem to confuse), I've agreed to start going to a "fitness center" with my mom three times a week, starting today. I suppose I should have some sort of goal, as "become less out of shape" is kind of ambiguous and tends to be frowned upon as these things are supposed to be measurable. I'll work on it.
- Finals are coming up, and I'm decidedly not stressed out about it. My mantra is "if I haven't learned it by now, a week of frantic studying while losing sleep and sanity isn't going to help much." Which might not hold true once I get to college, but until then I'm going to bask in the grade school glow of requiescence.
- As if it's any surprise, I'm really looking forward to winter break (not Christmas break, mind you. Though on a NVHS events calendar in one of my classrooms I noticed that it had Hannakuh marked but not Christmas. Conspiracy?) for more or less the obvious reasons. Friends, food, family (alliteration aside), gifts, concerts, all-state, sleep, snow...
Current blessing: Little homework and family discounts
Latest irritation: Listening to the product of jealous resentment
Song I'm tired of hearing: Santa Baby
Thought of the moment: I've noted that a lot of things that others find hilarious I find sad or disgusting. I'm not sure if that means that I have a different kind of sense of humor or none at all. I'll just tell myself I have a heightened appreciation for things like satire as I sit by myself in my corner while everyone else watches another rendition of Cheech and Chong.
No comments:
Post a Comment