Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

I've decided that the movies I like best are the ones that portray themes or morals that I'm already conscious of, but don't mind being reminded about. For example:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Theme: All memories and experiences are worth holding on to. The bad are as necessary as a good, and serve as contrast.

Spiderman

Theme: Nerds can be awesome, too.

SLC Punk

Theme: Anarchy and other youth subcultures, though they help mold who one becomes in adulthood, are largely meaningless.

American Beauty

Theme: Life is incredible if you lift your eyes up enough to notice it.

High Fidelity

Theme: Music, lyrics, and lists are perfect for any explanation or situation.

A Princess Bride

Theme: Witty phrasing and a formidable vocabulary is all you need to get ahead in life.

Any Disney Movie

Theme: If you are female and a good person, eventually love and happiness will come to you. Sooner if you are anorexic, have unusually large eyes, or have a single parent dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment