Saturday, March 4, 2006

You've got to find out for yourself whether or not you're truly trying

LTotW:

- I remember when I was little I always really hated dreaming, of any kind. My dad had a routine where he would come and tuck Cathi and I in at night and wish us sweet dreams, but way early on I insisted that he wish me "no dreams" instead. I just think that's interesting.

- You know, there are some people who have no sense of humor, and it's unfortunate. But another trait exists that's almost just as pitiable: the people who try to make jokes that they think other people will respond positively to, but, because they don't know where the line is drawn on sensitive issues or acceptable jabs, end up offending everyone.

- A family of procrastinators is a bad combination. You really need to have at least that one tenacious, anal, go-getting future stock market analyst of the family that harps on everyone to meet their deadlines. Or else the result is these nice, sitcom-esque evenings with a mother and daughter tag teaming their way through FAFSA the night before the deadline.

- This whole mono diseasey thing isn't really working out for me. At home, I'm mostly bored, but the second I do anything, I'm exhausted. And all in all, fatigue isn't a very sympathy-arousing excuse for things. It's nothing Joseph Heller would bother writing a book about, but nevertheless, it's irritating.

- These are all kind of mopey TotW, so let me just add that I can't believe how many awesome things are going on this month. There are only a few things I could think of that would make it better, and nearly all of them break some sort of law of time, space, or state legislature.

No comments:

Post a Comment