Saturday, April 1, 2006

I'm losing all those stupid games that I swore I'd never play

LTotW Spring break edition!:

- Dear girls of Miami University at Oxford, Ohio: When you are waiting, drunk, outside of bars at one in the morning in thirty degree weather wearing nothing but a halter top and mini skirt, you look kind of stupid. Love, Linda.

- I'm starting to notice that I think about money way too much. I preface every meal and activity with calculating what it costs and if it's reasonable, which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't rank things as "too expensive" about 99% of the time, or if I didn't make these calculations audibly. I even start to annoy myself after a while.

- After spending 168 hours straight with Chrissy, both of us are still happy, alive, and friends. You know you've found a good friend when you both agree that blasting Cascada's Everytime We Touch for the 30th time is still a great idea.

- Naperville is stereotypical in a lot of ways, but I don't think it's particularly stereotypically midwestern, thanks to its proximity to Chicago. A part of me would always be a little offended when people proclaimed the midwest as boring and the dullest place to live. But after spending the better parts of four days driving through Indiana and Wisconsin, I wouldn't want to live here, either.

- Inspired by my absolutely stellar week, I'm flying in the face of my own logic by setting similarly high expectations for the near future. If that doesn't pan out for me again, I think I'm going to start referring to the future as Lucy and to myself as Charlie Brown.

- The people at the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Northwestern eat babies and drown puppies. Trip them if you see them on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment