Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Before you throw those stones at me, tell me what's your house made of?

Over the last couple weeks I've discovered that simply changing the way I think about and anticipate the future dramatically changes how quickly my days go by. It seems only logical, then, that I must be mere steps away from the ability to time travel.

I wonder how many subculturally engaged Americans are aware that Bohemia was an actual country from which people do, actually, derive lineage. The next time someone claims to be bohemian, I think he should be stripped of his paintbrush and black turtleneck if he can't speak intelligently about the Habsburg monarchy.

Things I Know How to Say in French That Make Me Wonder Under What Context Would Having This Knowledge Be More Important Than Knowing the Word for, Say, "Scissors":
- Navel ring
- Textile mill
- Snowshoeing
- Home theater entertainment system
- Unicorn
- Alimony payments

Have you ever noticed that some people seem to naturally have faces that let you see into their futures? There are a couple friends I have who I can look at and instantly picture what they're going to look like when they're shuttling kids to and from soccer practice. I wonder if that's the sort of thing you can see in yourself, too, or if it's another one of those jokes nature and perception team up to play on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment