Well, the trip to Georgia came and went with little incident, unless x-treme boredom has become a noteworthy occurrence.
Lent ends in 7 days, the Sunday which, obviously, is also Easter. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my newfound culinary freedom, but I have a feeling it's going to include cookie dough.
As becoming custom, the topic of Lent reminds me of what is about to become this entry's soapbox tirade. A few days ago I was talking to the ever interesting T-Fink, and I, through a conversational track I no longer can recall, mentioned that I was a Christian. He was surprised, and expressed that he had always assumed me either agnostic or atheist. Granted, though I've known the boy for about a year, Trevor really doesn't know me very well, so I could brush this misconception off, but it really bothered me. As a Christian, I'm supposed to, as the Bible dictates, live in a manner that displays my spirituality in everything I do. I'd always assumed that my sometimes unnatural-seeming efforts to be courteous, kind, forgiving, and charitable (though they're not always successful), might send the message that I have some sort of higher comfort working for me. Of course, agnostics can be quite the pleasant people too, but it's the principle of the thing. I have a habit of assuming people as having a religion until I'm told something to the contrary, so Trevor's presumption caught me off guard.
On a less introspective side, spring break is a little over 24 hours away from ending. Overall I'd say it's continued this year's pattern of being considerably less dynamic than the last. I'm wondering if I'm losing some of the enjoyment I could be getting out of my time in comparing it to more cherished days.
"I regret. Not for things I have missed, but for things that will never come to be, simply because I did not grasp them in time." -I like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment