Saturday, April 10, 2004

Sometimes sanity takes vacation time on me

Good Things:

1. After just 3 weeks of working at Colonial, I decided to quit for Dairy Queen, which will provide me with better pay for less effort and better hours. I was pretty nervous about how I would go about this, due to a combination of a new experience and a great fear of people getting angry at me. Luckily, it went well. And I got my first paycheck.

2. College kids home for Easter weekend = more interesting things to do.

3. Tomorrow is my last day of self inflicted food deprivation! I will once again be able to clog my arteries and increase my risk of heart attack whenever I darn well please.

4. I spent a good portion of today rock climbing.

Bad Things:

1. I totally bombed a math test on Thursday. Six questions: two I'm guaranteed not to get right, and one I just left blank. Apparently I don't know much about algebra, but I can figure out that percentage.

2. I owe my mom 500 bucks, and I have to pay it before the month is over.

Traumatizing Things:

1. I hit a rabbit on the way to climbing. It was dark and I didn't see it until the last second, but I did hear the distinct thump and physically felt it under the car right after. I only freaked out a little.

Random Observations:

1. People often willingly, and without hesitation, put themselves in the most painful, uncomfortable positions, and then feel they have the right to complain about it.

2. I get nervous and/or flustered pretty easily.

3. Without a fairly present sense of purpose/friendship/community/non-hatred, theatre doesn't function very well.

4. I'm slowly getting over my fear of people.

5. Carefully placed sarcasm is often a wasted effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment