Saturday, July 16, 2005

Call it quits or get a grip

Things I don't care about:

- Politics*

- What happens between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes

- Sports

- Anything promoted on an infomercial

- Music**

*in the scheming, electioning, "let's fool the public" sense of the term. Issues concern me. How everyone bangs their head against the wall to come to a consensus on them does not.

**rather, I tire easily of people who argue ceaselessly how much music today sucks and whether or not bands are "good." If I like it, it's good, and no more discussion is necessary, thank you.

To all concerned parties, I'm pretty sure I've come to a workable personal solution to my aforementioned emotional turmoil. I'd explain it here, but it involves a lot of math.

So, I've noticed recently just how many things I do unconsciously (besides things like breathing and heartbeats, Captain Obvious). Every time I get into a car as a passenger I take off my flip flops. When I'm thinking or don't have anything to say, I crack my knuckles. I stare at people. Every time I get out of my car, I check that my headlights are off, put my keys in my purse, and lock my car twice. Half the time I don't even remember doing any of this, and I'll always be mildly surprised when I find my feet bare or my car locked.

Top 5 things I wish I did more of recently: 1. Painting; 2. Exercising; 3. Seeing my friends; 4. Doing that math packet; 5. Hanging out with my sister (example below)

Me: If I ever get attacked, forget all that self defense training, I'd just go for the eyes. I imagine having your eye gouged would be pretty debilitating and distracting.

Cathi: Yeah, but only if he doesn't grab your wrists. Then you'd be in trouble. Though I guess then you could just start spinning around until you get out of his grip, 'cause he'd have to let go eventually. Unless of course he starts spinning with you, but then that's not really a kidnapping anymore. That's dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment