So, in the mail yesterday I got the proofs of the pictures I was forced to have taken. Overall, they weren't bad, but if I can give some advice to the general public: never take advantage of an opportunity to look at your face for more than 57 seconds. Much like saying the word "spoon" over and over again too many times to the point it doesn't sound like a real word anymore, your own face begins to appear really funny looking after a while, which isn't, I don't think, the sort of thing you want to psychologically encourage.
Speaking of psychological damage, my emotions have been going crazy lately, and it's really starting to unnerve me. I could attribute this to a few different factors, but whatever the cause, it's really taking a toll on my usual philosophy regarding composure and general sanity.
Current reading goals:
- Immortality by Milan Kundera
- Night by Bilge Karasu
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (the novel, not the poem) by Maya Angelo
- High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
- Ceremony by Leslie Silko
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling
Other random thoughts:
- The fact that government class ended is good in that I can now get 5x more sleep, but worrisome in that now I don't have a good excuse not to work on my paintings.
- As much as I like droughts, walking on dry, dormant, yellow grass hurts my feet.
- My faith in humanity was restored a little bit today when, while I was late driving to work, stuck at my 5th consecutive red light, and obviously frustrated and exasperated as I had just vented on my steering wheel, some old black guy in a golfing hat in the car next to me rolled down his window, smiled at me and laughed and told me that he hoped my day would get better from there.
- It never ceases to amaze me that people will drop over $100.00 at a teddy bear store.
No comments:
Post a Comment