Did you know it's possible to spam people via their blog comments? If you redirect yourself to my entry however long ago about Billy Corgan's Naperville experience, you'll see two or three viagra ads in my comment section. As an internet user, I can't express how delighted I am that advertisers are keeping up with the fads and advances and adapting their methods accordingly. Viagra, after all, is exactly what I need.
Random thoughts of the week:
- I think spontaneity, as a chronic characteristic, is overrated. As much as HBO sitcom women pine for unpredictable men, I find that I'm more comfortable around people of whom I know more or less what to expect than people who are entirely random.
- Recently I've been going through an odd phenomenon in which some experience will lead me to a mental conclusion that is totally obvious, but somehow seems enlightening. Example: volunteering at Second City and making conversation with lots of adults reminded me that adults are a lot more like my current friends and acquaintances than the omniscient, mature beings I imagined them to be when I was a child. In short, adults are people. Duh.
- I have a feeling that within the next several months every time the word "college" is said it will automatically add a tiny push of pressure to a growing headache that is beginning to form in my skull.
- Along the spontaneity/predictability line, I'm convinced that when it comes to human beings dealing with one another, that "learn from your mistakes" rule doesn't apply. People will continue to function and react in the exact same way towards each other after and despite all logic and past experience. Touching a hot stove and turning your hand into a cinder as a child teaches you not to repeat the injury, but for some reason between two grown people the same logic goes awry.
- A couple months ago I commented on fashion trends at the end of an entry and supplied a picture of what I thought to be one of the more ridiculous and unlikely looking ensembles. Since then I've seen more and more girls around the mall wearing pants strikingly similar to the ones on that model. I'm not sure whether that makes me amused or disappointed.
I am currently thankful for: air conditioning, trampolines, public decency laws, and barbecue sauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment