I think I'm finally on an ultimately successful, although slow and plodding, path to some kind of mild self improvement. Step one is improving my posture, starting with my walking stance. Step two, simultaneous to step one, is health and fitness related. Step three, both contradictory and simultaneous to both step one and two, is to not analyze myself so much.
I think one of the best parts about this whole human experience thing is to have one of those moments in which you suddenly, with or without reason, look at an old friend with a renewed sense of clarity, and remember exactly why and how much you appreciate them. And one of the most frustrating things is when, mostly just because of the flow of conversation, that moment passes and goes unsaid.
...At least I hope that's not just me.
So, I used to think that I was the most sheltered, uninformed person ever because I believed, back in elementary/middle school, that Naperville and this upper-middle class standard of living was the average. But when you consider the fact that I grew up here, and that all the normal families on television and in movies live in homes similar in quality to the ones around here, why would I assume anything different? So was I the most sheltered, uninformed person ever? Yes, but it's not my fault. Talk about an American attitude.
Linda's "Losing Faith in Humanity" Moment of the Week:
*Girl 1 is humming "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot"*
Girl 2: What song is that?
Girl 1: What?
Girl 2: That song you're humming, what is it?
Girl 1: Um... I don't know
Girl 2: Oh! Isn't that a Maroon 5 song?
Linda's Chrissy Story of the Week:
"So, you know how I call your friend Sarah [from the Dominican Republic] 'DR Sarah'? Well, Sarah told me that since I'm the only Chrissy she knows in the US, she'll call me US Chrissy. So then I asked, 'Does that mean you know Chrissy's outside of the US?' Sarah said yes, so I yelled, 'Yes! I've gone international!' Sarah just kind of stared at me."
Linda's List of Foods She Can Now Make from Scratch Thanks to Senior Foods:
- Pancakes
- Crepes
- Biscuits
- Scones
- Coffee Cake Muffins
No comments:
Post a Comment