Saturday, September 3, 2005

I worry I won't see your face light up again

Have you noticed that every time you're required to fill out some survey/activity about your person, it always includes questions like favorite color, food, and season? I'm somewhat impressed that the genius who thought up these questions managed to pick probably the only four or five questions in the world that would win an award for being both trivial and difficult to answer. Honestly, when has knowing that the girl from your physics class likes green ever come into play? And when's the last time anyone has been able to quickly and decisively state their favorite food, besides out of habit from having to consider the question 87 times before? I propose these questions be replaced by things like "would you get your tongue pierced?" and "which is a more successful country, Canada or the US?"

I think the main difference between those science/history oriented people and those inclined towards English/arts is whether you think it's more important to understand the world or to live in it.

So, in psychology class the other day Ryder brought up that old theorem that if a person looks at his five closest friends, the morals and traits they posses will reflect his own. I'm pretty sure I disagree with that. Sense of humor and basic philosophy towards life, maybe. I really think sense of humor is one of the most obvious and critical keys to any relationship, ever.

Speaking of human beings, I'd like to amend something I said a while ago on the off chance someone is keeping mental tabs of my statements to use against me at opportune times. I've always said getting angry is a waste of time. Now I think getting angry is understandable in moderate doses. Getting huffily offended and holding grudges are wastes of time.

- I'm sad I'm going to quit Build A Bear before I have enough expendable money to purchase one

- Unique perspectives make me feel like I made quality choices for friends

- Hey There Deliliah by The Plain White T's makes life good

- Pirate mania is starting to wear on me

- Gas prices aren't being very nurturing to my social life

No comments:

Post a Comment