Sunday, October 9, 2005

They'll never hurt you like I do

LTotW:

- It occurred to me at tech the other day that I have a reputation. Not in the "good" or "bad" gossiping sense, just that the people surrounding me most of the time, whether I know them well or they just happen to be around, know who I am, what I'm like, and treat me accordingly. I think I'm going to miss that when I go off to CollegeLand and I won't have the same odd kind of "status" that I do now.

- Dancing, if that's what you'd like to call what happens when hip hop music comes over the speakers in large group social occasions, totally disgusts me. I'd rather spend the evening doing the hokey pokey then watch people orgy it up en masse. Actual dances, however, like salsa and swing, are skills I desperately would like to have under my belt.

- It's starting to smell like autumn, and I'm rather excited about it.

- I've been really short tempered lately. Most of the time it's moderately imperceptible, but if annoyed I'll say more acidly sarcastic things than usual, and I have absolutely no patience for irritations. I blame theatre.

- Have you ever noticed how, depending on the situation, friendly acquaintances can suddenly and easily either become your closest friends or deny all association with you? In a setting full of total strangers in which a random acquaintance is the only recognizable face, often they will instantly be the most valued companion you have. When surrounded by people both of you know, conversely, it's just as easy to pretend the two of you never met. It's odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment