Sunday, December 4, 2005

You'll sit alone forever if you wait for the right time

I love how it's possible to instantaneously go from having absolutely no obligations to having your responsibilities and deadlines pile up until they're doing an Atlas thing on your shoulders. I've discovered in the last few days that making to-do lists increases my productivity by like 458%, once I get over the fact that to-do lists strike me as incredibly lame.

Perks of an 18th Birthday:
- Cigarettes (I've always wanted cancer)
- Porn (fake sex = maturity. Duh.)
- Lottery Tickets (To prove that I haven't taken statistics)
- Piercings/Tattoos (Considered and rejected, since I like having a home)
- My library card irrevocably expires (I'm actually really sad about that)
- Your friends and family give you really cool gifts

Being right about people gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Or a steely, satisfied one, depending.

I'm becoming more and more disenchanted with the general concept of psychology. It's all about people trying to connect the same sets of traits to greatly varying and extremely specific sources, most of which can easily be contradicted or reinforced by other extremely specific sources. There are forty different schools of thought as to where memories are stored. I have this mental image of a bunch of psychologists running around stealing each others' notes, stamping different labels on them, and calling it a theory.

The fact that it snowed significantly for the first time on my birthday made me disproportionately happy, considering it resulted in me sliding into a curb and being late for school.

Linda's Current Favorite Books:
- The Great Gatsby
- A Portrait Of the Artist As a Young Man
- Wuthering Heights
- This Side of Paradise
- Demian

No comments:

Post a Comment