Saturday, February 11, 2006

You shouldn't mumble when you speak, but keep your tongue up in your cheek

Something that irritates me: I can't stand it when people say something, possibly entirely unrelated to your conversation, specifically to get a desired reaction, or for the purpose of having you ask further about it. "Oh, you had spaghetti? I haven't been able to eat spaghetti since the incident." And then there's a pause, while they stare at you and wait breathlessly for you to inquire about what they meant. Often I have the urge to simply not bite and let the pause go on mercilessly.

Something I discovered this week: When you need to be consoled about something, you often hear about how some people feel they need to make others feel inferior in order to boost their own ego, whether you're in elementary school or in the business world. I always took this in a fairly literal sense, applying it to the people who blatantly gossip and rip apart others verbally on a regular basis. But there are also some people who have just a deliberately superior air about them, or a way of phrasing things that says "you're an idiot, I rule." All those people are in my philosophy class.

Something everyone should know: Swing dancing is one of the best ways to spend a Friday night, and if anyone ever tells you differently, it's because he's a guy and doesn't get to wear a cute skirt.

Something that confuses me: It seems like no matter how many activities I eliminate from my schedule, I still have the same amount of "not enough" time to get everything I'd like to done. I think the only plausible explanation for this is a Boy Meets World-esque time continuum vortex that sucks away my valuable extra hours and murders Topanga.

Have you ever had an experience in which, for a while, you were really concerned/obsessed with something? Then, as time goes on, you get over it and eventually think, "Man, what was the big deal?" And then, without warning and possibly inexplicably, something makes you go, "Oh yeah."

I graduate in something like 60 school days!

No comments:

Post a Comment