I've been thinking a lot less than usual. Or thinking about stupid things. I'm probably getting dumber.
"Brainwashed" (and all its grammatical forms) is to be added to my growing list of words I hate. It's usually used in the context of revealing propaganda, which is ironic, since the word itself is pretty loaded with its own condescending connotation. Using it implies that 1) you're an impressionable idiot and 2) I know the clear, untainted truth. While I can appreciate the psychological reasons behind the "my reality is the correct reality" thing, I think it's unacceptably jerkfacey to assume that my opinion is somehow free of outside forces, whereas yours is as suggestible as Elizabeth Taylor's marital status.
Conservative republicans brainwashed me into thinking that puppy drowning is wrong. Pass it on.
5 Random Habits I Have:
- Organizing everything aesthetically symmetrically, even if it puts things logically out of order.
- Biting the skin around my nails.
- Eating the crust first.
- Opening the fridge when I come home, regardless if I'm actually hungry or end up pulling anything out.
- Taking off my shoes when I get into cars.
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Here's your word, you can have it back
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment