Monday, July 3, 2006

It sure as hell ain't normal, but we deal

A part of me hates digital cameras, because I think that the overwhelming convenience is resulting in an abundance of photographs that make the whole "capturing important memories" idea obsolete. Every moment is not a Kodak moment. I remember, back in the day, only having one or two precious shots left on my roll of film and agonizing over the perfect time to use them up. Perhaps we should all take a moment to reflect on this concept the next time we have the urge to immortalize in photo Best Friend Hang Out Session #72.

So, looking back on my little discussion of standards last week, I think anyone who has ever had a semi-serious conversation with me would probably place me frequently into the "holding people to my standards" category. In my defense, it worked perfectly for me when all my friends' personalities were modeled from Little House on the Prairie, but at this point it's running me into an increasing number of problems and arguments. I acknowledge relatively frequently that life would be a lot easier if I cheerfully accepted all of my friends' actions, decisions, and capabilities at face value and kept my pointy little nose and occasionally equally pointed opinions to myself. But laissez-faire attitudes just aren't my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment