There are times when I'll sit at my little computer for, like, an hour, trying to think of something to write about. I'm sure everyone has had a similar experience, if only in a scholastic setting. Sometimes it just seems like everything to say has already been said. Several times. And often poorly.
But I keep posting stuff anyway, because humans are nothing if not walking repetitions or contradictions.
A single "How was your trip?" (or worse, "what was the best part of your trip?") is almost as bad as 30 consecutive "What college are you going to?" conversations. The question is totally impossible to answer succinctly, and if you actually took eight hours in a coffee shop to try to articulate as clearly as possible exactly what you did, who you met, and the kind of life-altering experiences you went through, all that would wind up in font of you is a melted frappaccino and a vacant chair where the now passed-out-from-boredom body of your friend once sat.
I leave for Wesleyan in a little over a week, and I actually feel completely prepared, not at all nervous, and proportionately excited. Yay!
Monday, August 14, 2006
Nothing compares to the promise I have
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment