Wednesday, January 3, 2007

In love with love and lousy poetry

As facebook can attest, "ignorance is bliss" is one of my all time most hated quotations. To me, it's conceivable but horrific that someone would, basically, prefer blindness over sight. I don't know if I'd be able to live with myself if I thought I wasn't doing everything I could to understand my life, myself, and my relationships to their fullest extents. I guess it might also be a pride thing; I feel like I'll be able to handle whatever ugliness may come to me, ranging from slightly distasteful to Carrot Top, so ignorance would be an unnecessary defense mechanism.

On the other hand, as I mentioned earlier in here, sometimes my happiness rests on the Energizer Bunny that is my analytical mind taking a breather, which, to me, equates ignorance. I never really considered that fact hypocritical before, since the areas of my life to which I apply the Blue Pill philosophy are relatively minor. But what's the point of doing things on principle if you're not going to be nitpicky about it?

Then again, if my haughty tendency to take the informed road is based on pride, is it such a bad thing that for certain portions of my life, I admit that, a la humans, reality might be a little harsh for me? The relief that a little mental alleviation provides might be astronomic compared to a little neglect of philosophic consistency.

Happy third birthday, website. Sorry for taking a year and a half to say anything worthwhile.

New Years Anti-Resolutions
Things I Will Not Do In 2007
- Become fat
- Fail out of college
- Get addicted to heroin
- Win the Nobel Prize for Mathematics
- Purchase uggs, pre-ripped jeans, or crocs
- Do something I seriously regret
- Forge foreign currency

No comments:

Post a Comment