New semester, more of the same. Except everyone seems to be looking towards the future, as opposed to the "Screw it, it's a new year!" slogan of September.
Cathi visited Augustana today. I think I'm neglecting the thought of how extremely weird it's going to be to not have her around when she heads out. We've practically been two years and an attached limb away from being Siamese twins for the last 16 years, and I really take her presence for granted. At least she's not planning on going too far away.
In other news, I should be getting my license next week. I think one of the downsides of having lots of older friends is that they've already gone through the things I'd get excited about (i.e. driver's license, graduating, turning 18, etc), and usually the consensus is "it's not that great." Consequently, I greet almost every new and potentially exciting turn in my life with a decided unenthusiasm. Which, I guess, perfectly fits in with the rest of the indifferent image I've seem to have acquired over the years. I'm not even sure how that happened. I never thought of myself as particularly distant or excitable, but somehow I'm suddenly unusually apathetic. Maybe it stemmed from my distaste for hyperactive giddiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment