Kyle: I think you're asexual.
Linda: ...I'm pretty sure I'm female.
Kyle: But you're never attracted to anyone, so that doesn't matter.
I think it's really interesting to occasionally see how your self impression contrasts the image others have of you. Considering I know the motives behind everything I say, do, and think, I sometimes forget what it might look like from the other side.
Well, I got my license, and in the process defied about every DMV stereotype there is. 1) I was in and out in less than an hour, 2) everyone was pleasant and/or humorous, and 3) my picture was one of the better ones I've taken in quite a while. The best part: After 2:30, I was able to go to the DMV, get something to eat, and play a game of chess, and still make it back to tech before 4. If that isn't time well managed I don't know what is.
I also discovered this week, though tech and art class, that though I am in no way, shape, or form a rebellious individual, I take direct/specific orders extremely poorly. I have no problem performing a task if I can go about it in my own way, but being forced into a specific pattern of action makes for a very unhappy Linda.
Other things that make for an unhappy Linda include splinters, wood with a plastic consistency, and directors who demand changes to the set only AFTER the portion of the set to be changed is ALREADY BUILT.
However, today I found that a neck rub can improve my day by about 300% instantaneously.
No comments:
Post a Comment