I feel like everyone around me is changing, and I'm staying the same. Not in one of those "everyone else is moving on and I'm lonely and stuck in the past" sort of ways; I like who I am (ding! Self esteem exists), but it seems like my friends have, in a sudden, introspective exodus, decided to make self alterations. Maybe I'm changing too, and just don't realize it. Somehow everyone seems to have never seemed so young and so old at the same time.
Isn't it interesting how we refer to the 4-15 friends we're likely to be referring to as "everyone"? There couldn't be a more inaccurate term, but it works for me.
I'm also becoming an increasing fan of frank sincerity. It's rather refreshing to be around people who never dance around issues or hesitate to exactly vocalize their thoughts, for better or for worse. (It's not hypocritical to admire a trait that you in no way, shape, or form put into practice, right?)
Top four adjectives I'd like to be known by:
1. Consistent
2. Witty
3. Sincere
4. Endearing
No comments:
Post a Comment