I just scheduled a date and time to go tour Illinois Wesleyan. College search: commenced. Woo!
Everything seems to have settled, as of late, into what a fiction book might call a placid equability, which is only a short step and a couple vowels away from monotony. Students have more or less shut down in early anticipation of spring break, though I think everyone was pulled back into the present a little when a good few inches of snow hit the ground this afternoon.
So, in my English class today we were having a discussion about Rime of the Ancient Mariner, which wasn't as boring as the topic might insinuate. Right at the end of class, Covino posed the question of whether, in general, we'd rather be happy and ignorant or sadder and wiser. In my head it was no contest and I assumed it would be the same for others, but four or five people instantaneously voted for the former. It turns out there were only a few of us out of a class of 25 or so that would rather be informed. I was baffled, as much by the fact that kids in an AP class said they preferred ignorance as by the ratio itself. It's like everyone in the class would rather pull a Cipher or take the blue pill. What's the fun in that?
Looking forward to:
3/11: La Bomba
3/12: Rolling Meadows Variety Show
3/25: Spring break
3/27: Easter/End of Lent
3/30: Projected Wesleyan visitation date
No comments:
Post a Comment