Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Things that I was sure of then have filled me up with doubt

You know what I love? Those instances when you discover that some little quirk you have that you thought was weirdly unique is actually fairly universal. Such as: Lots of people, when a window is down in the car, will stick their hands out and draw imaginary lines around the objects they pass. Lots of people have odd deja vu-like instances when they suddenly realize they've previously dreamt the moment they're currently experiencing. Lots of people play through conversations in their heads and sometimes accidentally start making external facial reactions to their internal monologue.

I've long since come to that inevitable conclusion that nothing I will ever think, or probably do, will ever be original, because honestly, in the history of time, what chance does some random teenager have of coming to any groundbreaking philosophical conclusions? But even considering that, sometimes I still somehow think that I am solely responsible for some trait. Like, say, my habit of creating constantly changing instinctual judgments of people.

I think if I could go back in time to another decade I'd want to be a teenager in the 50's, when feminism was largely nonexistent, conformity was a good thing, and people more or less trusted the government. Comparing the two lifestyles would be nifty.

Hooray for the last threads of classes, not so far away friends, oil paint, and the good people at ACT.

No comments:

Post a Comment