Monday, May 2, 2005

Save your breath, go work in retail and spare the suspense

Damn Yankees is over. It was fun, but I'm really not too sad.

Prom's on Friday and I'm not going. It'd probably be fun, but I'm really not too sorry.

Today I missed my AP English test and made Jessica miss hers too due to my slacktastic listening skillz. That I am sad and sorry about.

Things that amuse me:

- Those commercials for men's hygiene products that try to compensate for being vaguely feminine by trying to sound overly masculine ("Don't be like a woman, use OUR moisturizing lotion and be a man").

- The fact that a girl I know just IMed me with the phrase "Linda!! I heard!!" She "heard" about my testing debacle from a girl I didn't even talk to today. Apparently my English goings-ons have the capacity of becoming rumors. Incidentally, the same thing happens when I wear skirts.

- When other people get really, really excited about things that I take for granted.

- "Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch" was a serious band name that went platinum.

- Current fashion. I think we're currently trying to bring the 60's, 70's, and 80's back all at once into some mass, ultimately laughable resurgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment