Thursday, August 4, 2005

You talk about the world like it's someplace that you've been

I have to admit, as much as I love going on vacation, I've noticed that upon return from my hiatus, more often than not within the next 24-48 hours I'm struck with the urge to drop off the face of the earth for a while, for various reasons. It's a bit of a downer.

Another downer: being frustrated, as a general condition, really sucks. It stems out of being forced into inaction or into a situation without favorable options, and I hate the thought that I can't mold a circumstance into something good. There's an inherent theme of futility in a frustrating situation, punching you in the face with the fact that squirming and pouting won't do anything to change some master plan that is, no doubt, already bent on your destruction. Which is an interesting contrast to my overall mantra of "things will always get better."

On the Mr. Brightside, the lake trip was amazing. I waterskied. I canoed. I ate a lot of cherries. I named a frog Stan and invented Kevin Gerard. I finally know exactly what one does on a dune. I semi-rocked out to Ashlee Simpson and I'm not sorry. Above all, I freakin' love my friends, which is something that's nice to be totally sure of.

No comments:

Post a Comment