I'm working on coming to terms with the fact that as fun and cRazy-kewl as group activities are, I function much better on a one-on-one basis. I'm also trying to convince myself that that fact doesn't somehow make me lamer.
So, I've been reading Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss. It's a grammar nazi's book of punctuation and proper usage, complete with symbol stickers to pass out and stick on literarily offensive signs and publications. Reading it has given me conflicting emotions, being that I'm 1) relieved that someone else cares about the punctuation incorrectness of "Two Weeks Notice," and 2) disappointed that this British chick has beaten me to the punch. I'm never going to be able to write a novel now, because if I did, this would be it. Apparently plagiarism is all that awaits me.
Honestly, I don't think a lot of people fully grasp the meaning of the word "opinion." Or "nomothetic," but that one's understandable.
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Breathe in deep, kid; you're on your own
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment