So, I've noticed over the last few months that my general mood regarding my social life goes through a series of phases which, after a while, loop. So far the ones I've noticed are the antisocial "I don't feel like being around anyone but myself" phase, the social "I love everybody" phase, and the "I wish I could have a change of scenery and the opportunity to befriend new people" phase. I'm pretty sure I'm at/in between one of these at any given time, which averages out into what generally is my normal social escapades.
Looking at it, 2/3 of those sound pretty negative, though I think that last one has a pretty big potential to be misunderstood. It's not that I don't love my current friends, I just think an increasing part of me is itching to part with dear ol' Naperville and see what else is out there.
Summer is progressing as expected. Government starts tomorrow, been sleeping a lot, still going to work. I really need to get crackin' on my paintings.
You know, someday I would really love just to be passionate about my life. I want to have a definite opinion based totally on blind emotion rather than calculated and analyzed mental logic. I'd like to rush into something without thinking about the sensible ramifications but knowing 100% that it's what I want sentimentally. I think that'd drive me and everyone around me completely insane after a while, but at least for a couple days I'd want to know what it feels like. Stoicism is nice and all, but it's rather habit forming.
Sayings that I find least true/most nonsensical:
- A stitch in time saves nine
- Cast pearls before swine
- Children should be seen and not heard
- Great minds think alike
Sayings that I find most true/sensible:
- Appearances are deceiving
- Better late than never
- Cross your bridges when you come to them
- Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest
No comments:
Post a Comment