You know, I'm severely disappointed in my summer government class. I took it for two reasons: 1) so I'll waste as little time on that class as possible, and 2) because it's supposed to be even easier and less work than the regular class. While it's impossible for the first point to fail me, the second one has let me down epic proportions. I've already done more text book reading outside of class after three days than I did all of last school year. I'd be more understanding if it was an AP class or something, but c'mon, it's a graduation requirement.
Cathi and I have been the sole inhabitors of the unincorporated Martin household for over a week now, and so far there's been a decided lack of drunken parties, wild orgies, or pyrotechnics involving the living room furniture. Cathi weeded the garden, though. I'm sure punk rockers and anarchists everywhere would be appalled.
Something I think is kind of funny: Giving people the silent treatment when you're displeased with them. Though usually it's an effective method, when you think about it, it's really pretty narcissistic. I mean, your chosen form of punishment is denying the focus of your wrath the utter pleasure of your company and communication. I think the psychological logic behind it has more to do with the idea that generally people can't stand living with the fact that there's someone out there that they've pissed off, and rejecting all contact only makes it harder for them to un-pissify you. But still, I find it amusing.
Other things that could be conceived as narcissistic: autobiographies/memoirs, birthday parties, and public blogs.
By the way, has anyone ever heard that narcissism is considered a genetic behavioral disorder? It can be passed down generation to generation and is marked by charismatic personality, instinctual smiling that is more likely to expose both gums and teeth, sweeping gestures, a tendency towards promiscuity, and an affinity towards grand goals without a specific plan of how to achieve them. Don't get too concerned, though, it's a recessive trait.
No comments:
Post a Comment