This weekend, I once again learned the value of not having high, or any, expectations.
On Friday I went to prom, themed "Here's To The Night" with Jeramiah. I honestly had no idea what to expect... Is Drury Lane nice? Does he know how to dance? Am I going to have a problem with people stepping on my dress, which I failed to realize had a train? Or is it going to choke me with that weird neckpiece? So I just kind of decided not to worry about anything; a plan that resulted in me having one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. The issue of how to get there was smoothly resolved, the food was good, although the line to get it was freakishly long, and the music, composed mostly of songs I didn't like, fit the occasion, so I didn't really care. Jeramiah made a wonderful date. He took care of all the expenses, was attentive to me the entire night, and made a pretty good dance partner.
We spent the night at Chrissy's and decided to go to Six Flags the next day, where I, for once, did not get motion sick. The weather was beautiful, and it was easy to just relax and enjoy the day. My lack of sleep finally caught up with me on the ride home, when I ended up falling asleep on Dan's shoulder, and was in a kind of dazed state for the rest of the evening's activities.
In essence: Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment