Tuesday, May 25, 2004

"I hate how in magazines, they always stick me somewhere in the back. It means they don't think I'm the cute one."

Ladies and Gentlemen: Billy Corgan.

He came to NVHS in honor of our Grammy-receiving. All music students were allowed to hang out in the auditorium for a little over an hour and ask him questions. Only, I'd guess, under 700 showed up. But I was really impressed with him. He, like all human beings I assume, seemed like a very regular guy, and wasn't afraid to make fun of us when the occasional stupid question came around, which it did. He ended the presentation with a promised song, which he ended up accompanying himself to on the piano, about Illinois. Amazing.

"For a 6-foot-3 guy with no hair and a whiny voice, I've done all right"

"I'll die someday, and it won't be mythical or magical, I'll just bite into a Twinkie and fall over!"

"If there is a heaven, I see me getting there and getting yelled at. I see,like, the book, where they open it up and it's like: 'You've said this naughty word 9 million times'. And you're like 'No!' and they're like 'Yes, Yes, you did.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment