Monday, May 31, 2004

You can't let go of something you never had

Well, Cathi's all graduated now. The ceremony was apparently pretty long, but I didn't really feel the passage of time. The undisputed best part was when our friend Joel came to the stage and sang. It made me proud to have known him in middle school.

The camping/climbing trip I went on got rained out. I'm not entirely disappointed, as it resulted in spending a largely more comfortable afternoon/evening with the same people at the Hawbaker's. I've discovered that as much as I enjoy spending time outdoors, there is infinite value in a warm shower, dry clothes, and electricity.

As the end of school, and consequently, finals, draws nearer, I'm finding that I still have a ton of preparation work to finish. It's currently sitting in my room, untouched. I have countless things I could, and need to be, doing, but I have no desire to do them. I'm restless, but without energy. The thought of even being social and seeing my friends doesn't really appease me. I don't want to do anything, but I don't want to just sit here. It sucks.

Things I don't understand: 1. Motives 2. Irregular French verb conjugation 3. Relationships 4. Depression 5. Pop culture 6. ...Most things

Things I do understand: 1. Myself 2. English 3. Sympathy 4. Laziness

Things I pretend to understand: 1. Most everything

Things I need to do: 1. Clean the house (~5-6 hours) 2. Work on my art project (~1-3 hours) 3. Work on my portfoliio (~1-2 hours) 4. Work on my math review (~1 hour) 5. Study for French/chemistry (probably won't happen) 6. Laundry (<1 hour) 7. Crash (unpredictable)

No comments:

Post a Comment