Awesome things:
1) I've officially gotten myself a summer job at Build-A-Bear, without having to choose between it and the musical. The manager told me it was no problem to just do training a bit later and start in mid May. I'll be paid $6.75 an hour, $.25 above minimum wage and $1.25 better than my last job.
2) Tech continues to progress smoothly and efficiently.
3) The master fitness plan I concocted a while ago is still up and running (up and running...it's an exercise joke).
4) My mom's finally made the decision to move to GA this summer. While it might feel odd to live at my dad's 24/7 and not see my mom, I'm glad she finally came to a conclusion and I think it's the right thing for her to do.
Anti-Awesome things:
1) I'm not dating Brad Pitt.
2) Even if I was dating Brad Pitt, I'm not at an age where that wouldn't be really creepy.
Consensus:
There really isn't anything for me not to be thrilled about right now. I think my brain is somehow trying to convince me there's something I should be worried about or concerned over, but in actuality, I'd say I'm just about at maximum contentment capacity.
Linda's Insight of the Day (LID?):
I've decided, using personal history as a point of reference, that about the only way to fall out of my graces for an indefinite period of time is to do something that really offends me and not be remorseful about/give justification for it. There are plenty of things that people I love have done that have upset or disappointed me, and I've fairly easily forgiven or come to terms with nearly all of it, except for those few and random cases where I received neither apology nor explanation. And the people associated with those cases are almost exclusively the ones who hold that special place in my heart reserved for the people who I don't really care to be around anymore.
Making up the rest of that place include people who take themselves way too seriously, people who deliberately deceive others, and people who breathe really loudly out of their noses.
No comments:
Post a Comment